The Newt Membership
Just like nature, The Newt in Somerset changes throughout the seasons. Membership is your ticket to enjoy everything we offer, from estate-led menus to workshops and seasonal events; Garden Day in spring, Garden Lates in summer, Harvest and Apple Day come autumn, and enchanted trails in winter.
Membership provides unlimited access for 12 months, allowing you to explore the gardens, woodland and exhibitions throughout the year. We have partnered with the Candide Gardening App to provide you with a paperless membership and host of additional features. Our members are the first to hear about workshops, events and new attractions, and receive exclusive offers, invitations and free shipping from our online store. We welcome families and love the sound of children delighting in the garden, and those with accessibility issues will find highlighted routes around the grounds.
Children (0-16 yrs) free of charge when accompanied by an adult member
- 12 months’ unlimited access to the gardens, woodland and Deer Park.
- 12 months’ unlimited access to The Story of Gardening, garden eateries, Farm Shop and House & Garden Shop.
- Ability to purchase Member's Guest Day Passes for £15 (up to 6 passes on any given day).
- Free entry for children (0-16yrs) when accompanied by an adult member.
- The Candide app with its gardening community and host of useful interactive features to enhance your visit.
- Free twice-daily Garden Tours and twice-weekly Woodland Tours.
- An annual programme of workshops and events.
- Our digital newsletters ‘Newt News’ with all the latest from the estate.
- Free entry to national partner gardens Blenheim Palace and Chatsworth House, and sister garden Babylonstoren in South Africa
- A dedicated member's area of our website with a rich library of virtual workshops, masterclasses and broadcasts.
- Exclusive member offers and treats at our online shop, all with free shipping anywhere in the UK.
Candide is a buzzing hub of inspiration, knowledge and plants for gardeners and plant enthusiasts. Whether it’s houseplants, veg, or borders brimming with perennials that ignite your gardening passion or you just want to visit a garden for the day, Candide aims to be the most useful gardening tool you’ll have in your pocket. Candide is a ‘growing’ movement that encourages us all to reconnect with nature, wildlife and share our united love of plants..FIND OUT MORE
Create a Bespoke Day
We recommend booking in advance for eateries and activities in the gardens. Plan your visit now so that you can arrive ready to explore.
Stay With Us
Breathe a bit deeper and move a bit slower, relax and reset at Hadspen House or the FarmyardBook a Room
How to Get Here
Physical AddressThe Newt in Somerset
Somerset BA7 7NG
Where to ParkVIEW MAP
GWR services from London Paddington direct to Castle Cary.
GWR services from Bristol direct to Castle Cary.
GWR services from Exeter direct to Castle Cary.
From London. Follow the M3 westwards, then join the A303 to Wincanton. Now follow the A371, turning right onto the A359. Please follow signs to the estate entrance.
From Bristol. Follow the A37 southwards, which becomes the A371 after Shepton Mallet, turning left onto the A359. Please follow signs to the estate entrance.
From Exeter. Follow the A30 eastbound, which becomes the A303. Then take the A359 towards Bruton, and follow the signs to the estate entrance.
What you should know
We are only accepting card or contactless payments at the moment and do not have cash machines on site.
We ask that you please keep a sensible 2m distance from others during your visit.
Our new Gelateria is serving cold drinks, fruity sorbets, and creamy buffalo milk gelato.
This is a working farm with lots of feathery friends and deer, so kindly leave your pets at home. Assistance dogs are allowed.
Please wear sturdy shoes (no high heels) as some paths have gaps, are uneven, or can become slippery in wet or frosty weather.
Bring a hat in summer and wellies plus an umbrella in winter. A famous Swedish proverb holds: There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.
Children and anyone who cannot swim must be closely supervised at all times, as we have many ponds and lakes.
The Newt in Somerset is a working farm. We accept no responsibility for any injury that the visitor could reasonably have avoided by following advice that appears on our website, maps, and signs around the Estate. As regards any property, we are only responsible for any loss or damage to such if caused by us whilst you are visiting the Estate.
Parents with prams and guests using wheelchairs: kindly note that pathways in the garden and woods are uneven and can become slippery in wet or frosty weather.