Visitor Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to your purchase of Membership or Member’s Guest Day Passes to The Newt in Somerset.
- The Newt in Somerset is a trading name of Emily Estate (UK) Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 08496160.
- Visitors will be admitted upon presentation of a valid Membership or upon purchase of a Member’s Guest Day Pass.
- All holders of a Member’s Guest Day Pass or children under the age of 17, must be accompanied by a member at all times.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- Membership and Member’s Guest Day Passes are non-refundable. Member’s Guest Day Passes can be upgraded to full Membership on the same day of purchase, prior to leaving the gardens.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of Membership and Member’s Guest Day Passes, or entry to any part of The Newt in Somerset Estate, where it is reasonable for us to do so.
- Memberships or Member’s Guest Day Passes may not be resold.
- Opening hours, events and offers are subject to change and from time to time, at peak times, it may be necessary for The Newt in Somerset to close the entrance gate to restrict entry and control the total number of visitors. The Newt in Somerset reserves the right to restrict entry if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- For technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. The Newt in Somerset reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- While we will endeavour to publicise any such changes on our website and at the Gate House, we strongly advise checking the relevant details by visiting www.thenewtinsomerset.com or calling Reservations before you visit.
- In the event of a cancellation or closure, The Newt in Somerset accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
- The Newt in Somerset is an inclusive organisation, and we value and respect the diversity of our visitors, communities and our colleagues. Any behaviour towards our colleagues or other visitors which contradicts this will not be tolerated, and visitors will be asked to leave.
- The Newt in Somerset is a working farm. We accept no responsibility for any injury that the visitor could reasonably have avoided by following advice that appears on our website, maps and signs around the Estate.
- The Newt in Somerset shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by you or occurring to any items belonging to you, other than in the event of death or personal injury occurring to you as the result of The Newt in Somerset’s negligence. The Newt in Somerset will not be responsible for any loss or any expense due to circumstances beyond The Newt in Somerset’s control.
- Drone filming is not permitted over the Estate without prior consent from The Newt in Somerset.
- Commercial photography and filming (including wedding or engagement photography) is not permitted anywhere on the Estate without prior consent from The Newt in Somerset.
- Any images captured during permitted photography or filming may not be publicly distributed without prior permission from The Newt in Somerset.
- Members and their guests are not permitted to bring their own picnic, for consumption, into the grounds of The Newt in Somerset.
- The use of BBQs - disposable or otherwise - is not permitted anywhere on the Estate at The Newt in Somerset.
- Dogs, other than assistance dogs, are not permitted anywhere on the Estate at The Newt in Somerset.
- Cycling is not permitted anywhere on the Estate, other than those bikes used by Hotel guests or staff to travel between Hadspen House and the Farmyard.
- We may conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and other items, both on entry and exit, in order to protect your safety and that of other visitors and staff.
- The following items are prohibited within the boundary of the premises: Any items which are or appear to be illegal / Weapons, ammunition, explosives, horns, whistles, drums, fireworks, flagpoles, banners, balloons, sporting equipment, large umbrellas or any other item which in our reasonable opinion may cause danger or disruption to any event, to other visitors, staff or resident wildlife.
- As a condition of Membership or Member’s Guest Day Pass purchase, visitors to The Newt in Somerset consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV. Signs are put up to make visitors aware of when filming and photography is taking place and there is CCTV coverage across the site. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please do not remain in the area being filmed or photographed.
- Any special offers, vouchers, incentives (financial or otherwise) or correspondence addressed to a specific email address is intended for the exclusive use of the individual to whom the email account belongs. All offers are non-transferable.
Terms and Conditions specific to the Covid-19 Pandemic:
- All visitors must ensure their trip to The Newt in Somerset does not contravene government regulations relating to Covid-19, and visitors must follow The Newt in Somerset’s Covid-19 safety measures and one way systems, as directed during their visit.
- We reserve the right to ask any individual(s) not adhering to point 32 to leave the Estate.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings in enclosed spaces on the Estate, unless they are seated for food and drink. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
- We will endeavour to provide First Aid support to our visitors. This may include support from our trained staff for visitors to administer self-treatment or assisting to request emergency treatment from the ambulance service. We are meeting our legal duty to provide first aid support for our employees and volunteers during this time.
- All visitors are required to use the QR codes displayed around the Estate in accordance with NHS Test and Trace guidance.
Booking Terms and Conditions specific to the Great Garden Escape:
- In these Booking Conditions references to ‘you’ and ‘your’ include the first named person on the booking (‘Lead Passenger’) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or (if permitted by these Booking Conditions) transferred.
- In these Booking Conditions, reference to ‘we’ and ‘our’ include The Newt in Somerset.
- The Lead Passenger on the booking will be the person responsible for the booking. Unless otherwise agreed, the Lead Passenger shall be responsible for payment, for making any amendment and cancellation requests, and for all other matters concerning the booking.
Health Declaration and Test & Trace Information:
- No earlier than 72 hours and no later than 48 hours ahead of travel we ask you to complete a health declaration for all parties of the booking and confirm the information provided upon arrival. This is to ensure that all guests are COVID-19 symptom free, ensuring the safety of all. By confirming these Booking Conditions, the Lead Passenger hereby confirms that the details provided for all parties to the booking are full and accurate. If you are not capable of making a health declaration for any of your party, please pass the health declaration on to the relevant person(s) so that they can complete this.
- Please provide the full names and contact details for all members of your party. This information is required for the national Test and Trace scheme. Your details will be kept securely [and disposed of after 21 days.
Loss, Damage, Injury:
- The Newt in Somerset is a working farm. We accept no responsibility for any injury that the visitor could reasonably have avoided by following advice that appears on our website, maps and signs around the Estate. As regards any property, we are only responsible for any loss or damage to such if caused by us whilst you are visiting the Estate.
- Our cancellation policy is designed to give you reassurance. All bookings can be amended up to 72 hours before travel (subject to availability). Is this correct? A full refund is provided only if the reason for cancellation is COVID-19 related and providing that 48 hours' notice is given.
- By making a booking, the Lead Passenger hereby:
a. confirms that they have read and understood these Booking Conditions and agrees (for themselves and on behalf of each person on their booking) to be bound by them;
b. represents that they have the authority to accept and does accept these Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons in the booking; c. confirms that the details provided for all parties to the booking are full and accurate; d. agrees to check all descriptions on the travel documentation received after booking and to inform us immediately of any errors or instances where personal details do not correspond with guests of the party travelling under the booking; and e. confirms they are 18 years of age or over and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that they and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services.
Booking Terms and Conditions specific to Partner Gardens:
- A valid Newt Membership (at the time and date of visit) is required for access to any of our partner gardens.
- Access at partner gardens is restricted to those parts of the attraction designated as ‘Park and/or Gardens’. Newt Members will not be given free access to other parts of the attraction.
- Newt Members visiting partner gardens will be subject to the usual terms and conditions of entry of the partner garden.
- The Newt in Somerset shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by you or occurring to any items belonging to you, during your visit to a partner garden.
- Where possible (e.g. Blenheim) entry tickets must be booked in advance via the members page at www.thenewtinsomerset.com.
Terms and Conditions specific to the Website
- The Newt in Somerset is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website and in the content published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Nothing contained in the Website shall be considered as granting any licence or as a given right to use our trademark. This also applies to any third-party intellectual property displayed on our Website. Any usage will require either our prior written permission or that of any third-party owner. Any misuse of the trademarks on our Website by you is strictly prohibited.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. If you would like to discuss licensing arrangements, please contact us via our website.
- Commentary and other materials posted on our Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed.
- Following any sort of content is done so at your own risk. We do not therefore accept any liability or responsibility from any reliance you place on such materials, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- We may provide information on plants and fungi which may have medicinal or therapeutic qualities. Such information should not be considered to be medical advice or any recommendation to try or use any of the remedies described; this content is designed as reference information. This content is not a substitute in any way for the advice of a qualified medical practitioner.
- You may be able to purchase goods or services on our Website. When doing this, there are separate terms that apply to your use of these services or purchase. These terms will be clearly identifiable.
- Please note that in some circumstances you might be entering into a contract with a third party rather than us. We will clearly notify you should this be the case and we urge you to read any third party terms carefully before placing any orders for goods and/or services to ensure you are fully aware of the terms relating to that specific transaction.