How does our garden grow? With hand-picked people, nurtured to flourish.
Just like the produce in our gardens, our people are carefully hand-picked and wonderfully unique. We rely on a team of talented folk to keep the various parts of our working estate running – from gardeners to chefs, bartenders, hosts, housekeeping and managers. Whether you’re just starting out or looking for your next move, The Newt in Somerset has many exciting opportunities and training programmes to nurture your career.
Latest Positions Available
With guest wellbeing at its fore, our spa sets its own standard through world-class facilities, carefully designed to celebrate and utilise the garden surroundings. Rich in style with Medieval Herb Garden, an extensive array of breath-taking thermal and water facilities including Hammam, Rasul, Halotherapy Room, Picture Window Sauna and Indoor/Outdoor Hydro Pool and Wild Pool. We have seven treatment rooms, and also dedicated areas of the spa that are are perfect spaces for manciure and pedicure. We encourage our therapists to build relationships with our guests and to be able to provide signature therapies of the highest quality.
The Newt Spa philosophy focuses on the holistic wellbeing of our guests, taking into consideration their body, mind, spirit and lifestyle. You will be the figurehead of this concept, bringing passion and purpose to your work and team - making wellness an everyday priority. A good understanding of complimentary therapies and a positive solutions led attitude is key.
- Delivering an exceptional guest journey
- Provide leadership, direction, motivation and support to Spa team to deliver a highly motivated team, who can deliver world-class standards of service in all areas
- Train and deliver treatments that are of a very high standard
- Manage guest expectations
- Involvement in marketing activities that will develop a loyal local client base
- Provide world-class treatments
- Engage with the entire estate to incorporate the same wellness philosophy throughout.
Skills and Experience
- A professional Spa Manager from a 5 star hotel or similar background, with proven experience in managing a team of therapists
- International Spa Management experience
- Proven practical experience in managing a commercial spa business operation
- Ability to work effectively in all areas of the spa, including therapies and treatments.
- Excellent communicator
- Spa treatment qualification
- Effective at prioritising
- Creative and innovative thinking
- A proactive manager who portrays a standard of behaviour, which incorporates impeccable conduct and personal appearance.
Our Head of IT will be a dynamic, detail driven self-starter who can develop successful relationships inside and outside the business. They are responsible for the company’s information technology, computer systems and related budgets. Working closely with the senior management team, the head of IT will lead all technology-related operations (IT, Digital & Communication). This includes the requirement to manage strategy and alignment with our sister companies. The role involves design, customizing and project planning of technological systems and platforms to continually improve customer experience and operational efficiencies. This will include reviewing our relationship with outsourcing support services and producing logical briefs to justify conclusions.
- To provide professional and high-level quality communication and service to all internal and external users.
- To manage and monitor IT support systems currently in place
- To optimise IT efficiency across the business with continuous improvement processes implemented
- Assesses, monitors and upgrades business systems and processes with supporting evaluation
- Liaises with vendors and 3rd parties
- Manages IT security policy and procedure
- Manages IT and digital assets including purchase, upgrades and replacement.
- Develops the IT department systems and processes and collaborates with our sister businesses.
- Manages and plans to grow the department with additional resources.
- Ensures the business keeps abreast of technological advances and changes making sure that there is capability to reach future business goals.
Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information systems or similar
- Previous experience in a Hospitality/retail or similar sector
- Strong track record in managing a growing IT department.
- Excellent working knowledge of hospitality systems and platforms: Opera, Micros, HubSpot
- Ability to educate and support our team on IT systems, software and hardware
- Ability to negotiate with third party providers and reduce costs
- Ability to collaborate with our sister businesses (Candide, Babylonstoren) to ensure continued integration
- Experience/working knowledge in the following: website Coding, VR, VA, Cloud platforms, AI, 3D and Augmented realitysoftware/hardware
- Ability to support the continued growth of the business, advising the development team as necessary