COVID SECURE POLICY
As of March 2020, we have been closely monitoring government guidance to protect the safety of our staff and guests. As of December 2020, we were placed in Tier 4 as part of the national tier system - which means that our hotel, restaurants and The Story of Gardening are closed.
Our Covid Secure Policy is subject to the latest government advice, which takes precedent over the information below. Please consult the government website before making any reservations or plans to visit: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Escape to the garden...
We very much look forward to welcoming you. The team have taken every possible step to safeguard the welfare of guests and staff. Precautions have been innovatively implemented throughout the estate to comply with government guidelines, while also ensuring that your experience is not overly compromised.
We are surrounded by acres of gardens and miles of estate walks, providing the opportunity to escape and recharge. Come sip a mulled cyder and let the fresh country air still your mind and feed your soul.
HOTEL GUEST ARRIVAL
- We will contact you prior to arrival and give clear instructions regarding our check-in process.
- On arrival you will be greeted at the Coach House.
- Our team will always maintain a safe distance between you and them; we politely ask you to do the same.
- We ask that all guests park their own cars.
- We will check you in immediately and take you directly to your room.
- Our hosts will be on hand to help transfer your luggage. All trolleys are thoroughly sanitised after each use.
- Your room key will be thoroughly sanitised before your arrival.
- We have taken extra care in preparing your room. Every room is cleaned with a ULV Bio Mister. This pioneering technology disinfects all surfaces and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. The disinfectant remains active on surfaces for 72hrs, protecting you throughout your stay.
- We will provide you with your own personal pocket hand sanitiser for use throughout your stay. Small luxuries count and we have collaborated with Purdy & Figg to provide you with a sanitiser rich in essential oils, both useful and kind to your skin.
- In your room you will find a personal health pack, which will include a fresh cotton face covering. Use of face coverings is mandatory in all indoor spaces.
- We will take your credit card details prior to arrival to ensure a smooth check-out process and minimise the need for contact on the estate. Please note we do not accept cash.
- Please make use of sanitising hand lotions at entry and exit points.
HOTEL BOOKING POLICY:
- Observe our CANCELLATION POLICY: Our cancellation policy is designed to give you reassurance. All bookings can be amended up to 72 hours before your stay. A full refund is provided only if the reason for cancellation is COVID-19 related and providing that 48 hours' notice is given.
- Complete a HEALTH DECLARATION: We will kindly ask you to complete a health declaration prior to your arrival and confirm upon arrival. This is to ensure that all guests are symptom free, ensuring the safety of all.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any group bookings that are made for social reasons.
HOTEL GUEST EXPERIENCE
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all common areas throughout the estate
- We will operate a minimum 2-night stay policy to encourage fewer room changeovers.
- Enhanced cleaning programmes have been implemented in all public areas, including frequent disinfection of high touch areas. We will take care that this cleaning does not impact on your stay, but you will see the team in action from time to time, please feel free to ask questions if you have any concerns with these precautions.
- What you may not see however, is our overnight cleaning programme. We are using advanced technology to thoroughly disinfect and clean the hotel, all while you are sleeping peacefully.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway and the principal public areas. We encourage you to use these liberally.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your room.
- Housekeeping services, including turndowns, will be available on request only. Where this is requested, we will ask you to vacate and ventilate the room prior to staff entering.
- Our Spa and Gym are open, with pre-booking required and subject to maximum capacities. Spa treatment menus are constantly reviewed in line with government restrictions; some may be unavailable at short notice, but we'll always do our best to provide alternatives. You are also able to enjoy a spa experience in your room in the form our new, beautifully presented in-room treatment boxes (included in your stay).
- Daily Yoga takes place every morning and there are acres of woodland and miles of surrounding country walks - a natural gym, waiting to be explored.
YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE
- We have amended our dining hours during periods of higher occupancy. This will ensure you get our full attention, limit the number of tables our staff visit during service, and give us ample time to clean tables and chairs between guests.
- We are only able to seat one household per table indoors, in accordance with government guidelines. However, should you wish to sit with others, we have plenty of al fresco dining space for you to enjoy, up to a maximum of 6.
- We will limit the use of table linens and have established strict table and chair cleaning procedures between diners.
- All menus will be single use (please feel free to take them with you as a keepsake).
VISITING THE GARDENS
- Our gardens and woodland walks are open to visitors every day from 9.30am-4.30pm.
- Hotel guests have the grounds to themselves outside of these hours.
- Day visitors are asked to pre-book Advance Day Tickets, unless they have an existing Garden Membership. This is to help reduce queues and improve the flow of people at the Gatehouse.
- Advanced booking is essential for the Garden Café, with a £10pp deposit taken upon booking.
- We ask all visitors to adhere to our hygiene and social distancing regulations.
- One-way entry and exit systems, as well as 2m queuing systems, have been put in place to maintain a safely distanced environment for all.
- We are limiting the number of visitors in our shops and eateries at any given time.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces, when food and drink is not being consumed.
- Hand washing facilities and sanitiser stations are freely available.
- We do not accept cash anywhere on the estate.
THE STORY OF GARDENING
- The Story of Gardening is currently closed due to lockdown restrictions
- It is usually available to Garden Members and Hotel guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout.
- Opening times: 10am–4pm
- Visitor numbers are limited to allow for safe distancing.
- Booking is essential: Garden Members – book at the Threshing Barn; Hotel Guests – book with our hosts
- Members and Hotel guests are respectfully asked to arrive within 5 minutes of their timed entry slot.
- Thorough cleaning programmes have been implemented, including advanced misting technology, to disinfect and clean The Story of Gardening. High touch points will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Hand sanitising stations are conveniently placed throughout The Story of Gardening. We encourage you to use these liberally.
If, prior to arrival at our hotel, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, before leaving home, so that we can reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of other guests and our team, any guest staying with us that displays symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be asked to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
Our business partners
We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment only. All visitors or contractors are asked to complete a health questionnaire and are issued a copy of our Covid-19 secure operating procedures, which includes strict guidelines for their visit. Access to back of house areas in the hotel and on the estate is restricted to staff only. Contractors and visitors are not permitted to use guest facilities.
Our commitment to you
All team members are required to stay at home when unwell; practice good personal hygiene, including regular hand washing; maintain social distance; wear PPE when directed by government guidelines; follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures.
Our Senior Management team monitor government guidance daily and act quickly to implement changes and train staff accordingly.
Our house is old and a little wonky. This can make it difficult to implement hard and fast rules and restrictions. We kindly request that you apply common sense and take responsibility for controlling your own personal space and physical distancing when moving around the hotel and wider estate. We will greet you with a smile at every blind corner and may ring a bell occasionally to let you know we are coming. However, if we do accidentally bump into you, please be assured that our hands are clean and our faces covered.