COVID SECURE POLICY
Escape to the garden...
We very much look forward to welcoming you. The team have taken every possible step to safeguard the welfare of guests and staff. Precautions have been thoughtfully and innovatively implemented to comply with government guidelines, while also ensuring that your experience is not overly compromised or diminished.
We are surrounded by acres of gardens and miles of estate walks, providing the opportunity to escape and recharge. Come sip a cyder in the late summer sunshine and let the fresh country air still your mind and feed your soul.
Very best wishes,
HOTEL GUEST ARRIVAL
- We will contact you prior to arrival and give clear instructions regarding our check-in process.
- On arrival you will be greeted at the Coach House.
- Our team will maintain a safe distance between you and them at all times, we politely ask you to do the same.
- We ask that all guests park their own cars.
- We will check you in immediately and take you directly to your room.
- Our porters will be on hand to help transfer your luggage. All trolleys are thoroughly sanitised after each use.
- Your room key will be thoroughly sanitised before your arrival and handed to you in a sealed container.
- We have taken extra care in preparing your room. Every room is cleaned with a ULV Bio Mister. This pioneering technology disinfects all surfaces and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. The disinfectant remains active on surfaces for 72hrs, protecting you throughout your stay.
- We will provide you with your own personal pocket hand sanitiser for use throughout your stay. Small luxuries count and we have collaborated with Purdy & Figg to provide you with a sanitiser rich in essential oils, both useful and kind to your skin.
- In your room you will find a personal health pack, which will include a fresh cotton mask and latex gloves. Use of these is not mandatory, but they are there for your peace of mind.
- We will take your credit card details prior to arrival to ensure a smooth check-out process and minimise the need for contact on the estate. Please note we do not accept cash.
- Please make use of sanitising hand lotions at entry and exit points.
We ask that you:
- Observe our CANCELLATION POLICY: Our cancellation policy provides you with maximum flexibility and reassurance. Providing a full 48hrs notice is given, you will receive a full refund. For group and event bookings, please speak directly to our Reservations team; our terms remain the same.
- Complete a HEALTH DECLARATION prior to arrival: We will kindly ask you to complete a health declaration prior to your arrival and confirm this upon arrival. This is to ensure that all guests (and their households) are symptom free, therefore ensuring the safety of all.
YOUR HOTEL EXPERIENCE
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all common areas throughout the estate.
- To ensure your safety and that social distancing is maintained, approximately 50% of our hotel bedrooms will be occupied at any one time.
- We will operate a minimum 2-night stay policy to encourage fewer room changeovers.
- Enhanced cleaning programmes have been implemented in all public areas, including frequent disinfection of high touch areas. We will take care that this cleaning does not impact on your stay, but you will see the team in action from time to time, please feel free to ask questions if you have any concerns with these precautions.
- What you may not see however, is our overnight cleaning programme. We are using advanced technology to thoroughly disinfect and clean the hotel, all while you are sleeping peacefully.
- Linens, towels and robes are professionally washed on a high heat. Slippers and all other room consumables are replaced after each stay.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway and the principal public areas. We encourage you to use these liberally.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your room.
- Housekeeping services, including turndowns, will be available on request only. Where this is requested, we will ask you to vacate and ventilate the room prior to staff entering.
- Housekeeping staff will change their personal protection equipment each time they enter a different bedroom.
- Some activities, services and facilities will be limited or unavailable, however we are always thinking creatively to take advantage of the ample space we have to add new and innovative experiences.
- The Senior Manager on duty is our designated and responsible person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries.
- Please Let us know if you have any concerns. This is a new situation for us all and we want to make your stay with us the most comfortable, relaxing and safe it can be, so we are very happy to hear all and any feedback.
YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and expanded our outdoor spaces so that you can have the same delicious meal with a view.
- We have extended dining hours during periods of higher occupancy. This will ensure you get our full attention, limit the number of tables our staff visit during service, and give us ample time to clean tables and chairs between guests.
- We will limit the use of table linens and have established strict table and chair cleaning procedures between diners.
- All menus will be single use (please feel free to take them with you as a keepsake).
- Our signature breakfast table will now be served as a personal breakfast tray, with accompanying à la carte options.
- We are working on some tasty ‘to go’ options, including an extended room service menu, picnic hampers and pre-mixed Somerset cocktails.
YOUR SPA EXPERIENCE
- Our Gym, Swimming Pool, treatment rooms and changing rooms will remain closed for the time being, in line with government restrictions.
- You will be able to enjoy a spa experience in other ways, from in-room treatment boxes to yoga on the terraced lawn. Our therapists are working with our gardeners to create a programme of interactive healing workshops using our medicinal herb garden.
- We encourage you to get outdoorsy – with acres of woodland and miles of surrounding country walks, we have a natural gym ready to be explored.
THE GARDENS & WIDER ESTATE
- Our gardens and woodland walks are open to visitors every day from 9am-6pm. We ask all visitors to adhere to our hygiene and social distancing regulations.
- Hotel guests have the gardens and grounds entirely to themselves outside of these hours.
- One-way entry and exit systems, as well as 2m queuing systems, have been put in place to maintain a safely distanced environment for all.
- We are limiting the number of visitors in our shops and eateries at any given time.
- Hand washing facilities and sanitiser stations are freely available.
- We do not accept cash anywhere on the estate.
THE STORY OF GARDENING
- The Story of Gardening will be available to Garden Members and Hotel guests alike
- Social distancing measures will be in place throughout The Story of Gardening
- Opening times: 9am – 5pm
- Access will be limited to one family group per timed session
- Booking is essential:
- Garden Members – book at the Threshing Barn
- Hotel Guests – book via Hotel Lobby
- Members and Hotel guests are respectfully asked to arrive within 5 mins of their timed entry slot
- Thorough cleaning programmes have been implemented, including advanced misting technology, to thoroughly disinfect and clean The Story of Gardening. High touch points will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Hand sanitising stations are conveniently placed throughout The Story of Gardening. We encourage you to use these liberally.
If, prior to arrival at our hotel, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, before leaving home, so that we can reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of other guests and our team, any guest staying with us that displays symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be asked to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
Our business partners
We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment only. All visitors or contractors are asked to complete a health questionnaire and are issued a copy of our Covid-19 secure operating procedures, which includes strict guidelines for their visit. Access to back of house areas in the hotel and on the estate is restricted to staff only. Contractors and visitors are not permitted to use guest facilities.
Our commitment to you:
- All team members are required to:
- Stay at home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene, including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE when appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
- Our Senior Management team monitor government guidance daily and act quickly to implement changes and train staff accordingly.
Our house is old and a little wonky. This can make it difficult to implement hard and fast rules and restrictions. We kindly request that you apply common sense and take responsibility for controlling your own personal space and physical distancing when moving around the hotel. We will greet you with a smile at every blind corner and may ring a bell occasionally to let you know we are coming. However, if we do accidently bump into you, please be assured that our hands are clean.